“She writes killer copy. Possesses the best time-management skills I've seen.
And is a true team player to boot! Lori is a prized asset to our team, and to many others.”
– LinkedIn recommendation –
SENIOR COPYWRITING MANAGER
Attracts and retains audiences by developing compelling and relevant content powerfully presented to target markets using current delivery mechanisms and brand-appropriate tone. Professional thinker remains compliant while building reader interest through effective use of language, style and imagery.
Highly organized and focused; values the importance of teamwork and collaboration to get things done. Consistently produces superior work quickly. Highly efficient in many relevant technical tools including Word, Excel, Kibo, Asana and InDesign on both PC and Mac platforms.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
• Copywriting: Web & Print
• Direct Marketing
• Creative Direction
• Non Profit
• Direct Sales
• Workflow Improvement
• Event Planning
COLDWATER CREEK Hingham, MA November 2018 to Present
Coldwater Creek is an omni-channel retailer serving customers in stores, online and through catalogs.
Senior Copy Manager February 2019 – Present
• Write and manage all aspects of copy for the digital and retail channels.
• Manage all aspects of copy for the catalog channel.
• Supervise a team of copywriters – in-house and freelance.
Senior Copywriter, Digital & Retail November 2018 – February 2019
• Wrote and proofread all copy for the retail and digital channels – emails, homepages, social media posts, display ads and retail store signage.
• Worked closely with the Ecommerce Marketing team to implement SEO copy enhancements.
DISTINCTIVE APPAREL INT'L Randolph, MA January 2015 to November 2018
Distinctive Apparel International is the parent company of the following apparel brands: Chadwicks of Boston, metrostyle, Territory Ahead, Chasing Fireflies and TravelSmith
Senior Copywriting Manager January 2017 – November 2018
• Write and oversee copy for Chadwicks of Boston.
• Manage a team of writers for the metrostyle, Territory Ahead, and TravelSmith brands.
• Oversee all copy for the Chasing Fireflies brand.
• Create compelling, customer-focused copy for catalogs, websites, emails, direct mail and more.
DISTINCTIVE APPAREL INC., Randolph, MA
Distinctive Apparel Inc. is a fast-growing company within the apparel industry and the parent company of Chadwicks of Boston, metrostyle, Territory Ahead, Chasing Fireflies & TravelSmith
Copy Manager January 2015 – January 2017
• Wrote all print and web copy for the Chadwicks of Boston brand.
• Managed a team of writers for the metrostyle, Territory Ahead and TravelSmith brands.
• Supervised freelance copywriters.
SPECIALTY COMMERCE CORP. West Bridgewater, MA March 2012 to January 2015
One of the nation's leading multi-channel direct marketers with three distinct divisions:
(1) Specialty Commerce Direct (2) Specialty Commerce Publishing (3) Daxbourne International
SEO Manager December 2013 – January 2015
• Wrote all promotional emails, blogs posts and web product copy blocks.
• Managed all SEO copy enhancements across all three SCD brands – Paula Young, Especially Yours and Wig.com.
Freelance Copywriter March 2012-December 2013
• Wrote emails for Paula Young, Especially Yours and Wig.com – the company’s beauty brands.
• Wrote emails for Western Schools, CE Express, GSC and more – to promote their continuing education brands.
• Wrote all web product copy, blog posts and social media posts.
• During my tenure, email open rates for beauty brands increased dramatically. Paula Young increased 87.8%; Especially Yours increased 160% and Wig.com increase 535% with an 18.7% click-through rate increase.
THOMPSON, HABIB & DENISON, Lexington, MA November 2010 – February 2011
A direct response agency specializing in fundraising and membership programs for some of the largest nonprofit organizations in the United States and Canada
• Wrote innovative and breakthrough multi-channel creative that was on strategy and ensured donors were presented with the most compelling offers.
ARAMARK, Norwell, MA October 2007 – October 2009
Provides food services, facilities management, and career apparel to health care institutions, schools, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world
Copy Manager, Print, Online and Interactive
• Produced clear, concise and strategic messaging for website promotions, product copy, emails, and direct mail to support key marketing initiatives for ARAMARK, WearGuard and Crest Uniform brands.
• Worked closely with Art Director, design department, marketing and merchandising to ensure timeliness and a consistent tone and style across all forms of communication.
• Supervised junior writer and freelancers.
PARTYLITE GIFTS, INC., Plymouth, MA 2002 – 2007
Designer and marketer of home fragrance and home décor products
Manager, Event Communications (2007)
• Established creative direction and managed scriptwriters and ensured marketing materials for the U.S. division effectively promoted events.
• Managed logistical items such as prop lists, rehearsal schedules, etc. for all events.
• Managed a large team of vendors, as well as, managed backstage production for 2007 National Conference in Houston that drew > 6000 attendees.
Senior Print and Online Communications Writer (2002–2007)
• Wrote online and print marketing and promotional materials for the U.S. division including, but not limited to, monthly promotional magazine, sales force memos, incentive trip materials, newsletters, contest rules, consumer and hostess flyers.
L.W. ROBBINS ASSOCIATES, Holliston, MA 2001 – 2002
All-media direct response fundraising agency serving nonprofit organizations
• Wrote donor acquisition and renewal correspondence for various nonprofit organizations including various food banks throughout the U.S., Project Bread, Fund for Animals, Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation, Dean College and Harvard Magazine. Produced style guides for each client to maximize efficiency.
PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE, Port Washington, NY 1997 – 2000
Multi-channel direct marketing company offering discounted magazine subscriptions and household merchandise to consumers with the chance to win one of many ongoing sweepstakes
• Wrote copy and collaborated with Art Directors to develop innovative concepts for package components of direct mail sweepstakes mailings to 30M households annually. Managed 2 junior writers; Lead Writer for the 3 largest mailings of the year and the PR newsletter that went to the company’s top 1M customers.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, Newhouse School of Public Communications
Syracuse, New York
Bachelor of Arts Advertising and Psychology
ADDITIONAL FREELANCE COPYWRITING EXPERIENCE
DISTINCTIVE APPAREL INC. Randolph, MA 2012 – January 2015
• Wrote catalog and web copy for Chadwicks and metrostyle brands.
ARAMARK Norwell, MA 2009 – 2011
• Wrote copy for the WearGuard catalog and web site.
BOSTON GREEN GOODS, INC. Braintree, MA 2010 – 2012
• Wrote copy for Allergy Buyer's Club, Pain-Relief and Sleep Buyers Club catalogs and web sites.
ORCHARD BRANDS, Beverly, MA 2009 – March 2013
• Wrote copy for Appleseed's Tog Shop catalogs.
DMW WORLDWIDE, LLC, Plymouth, MA 2006 – 2010
• Wrote monthly newsletters for several PBS stations including, Central Texas Public Broadcasting, Iowa Public Television and New Hampshire Public Television.
Scan the code above for LinkedIn Profile